Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

What's your average relative humidity?
High---for outside.
I am not sure what it would be in my house.
I have never measured it in here...I do believe I remember the Mex telling me that having the air conditioner running lowers the humidity level in my house?

@RUNuts Can you answer this question for me please.

Just catching up.. I take a three hour break to work on my project and all of a sudden I'm pages behind.
Kiki, going back to your post some time ago, you asked about the yolk absorbing... Yes, the chick will always absorb the yolk given enough time. When you say "why didn't mine absorb it all?" My response is... Its a 21 day process, and I'm pretty sure your day 21 is the eleventh. Now that's a relative number, as some chicks will come out from day 19 to day 23 I've heard. But the point is, your issue was not slow absorbption, but a premature internal pip. You should not have had an internal pip until close to now. And an external pip tomorrow, and hatching as early as tomorrow night. (Bird dependent of course). So the real question is, why did the bird switch from it's fluid to breathing so fast? Could it be that your humidity was too low? And it ran out of fluid before it finished absorbing yolk?
I got a million questions but no answers. Haha.
I'd like answers too.
:barnie

I'm afraid I just can't grasp how my humidity would have been too high or LOW.
LOL

I don't like this humidity crap.

I would wipe it down with 10% bleach solution. Once the bleach has evaporated, there is no residue left behind, and bleach will kill everything.
Thanks!
A while back the state vet had told me that if one was in "a pinch" and couldn't wash their .(to splash some on your hands)

Now I need to research which kills more germs...alcohol or bleach.

I don't like this humidity crap.
Agreed!
Honestly, i haven't read the UC doc you linked in my last incubation thread yet (waiting for semester end) but, one thing i can say about chicken incubation is even the pros lose some...and dont tell anyone, but my first hatch was 9 for 9 with a cracked incubator and no hygrometer.
I think the real culprit here is voodoo magic.

That was next may need a dehumidifier

OR broodyhens or one. No worries then. as you prolly know all's I use now 100% hatch most times
I'm not sure if you followed this from the beginning or not but this was a test run to see if I could work the bator properly...in order to hatch some quail.
I wanted to make sure it would hold temps correctly and it did.
I wasn't worried about the humidity levels at all until now.

Agreed!
Honestly, i haven't read the UC doc you linked in my last incubation thread yet (waiting for semester end) but, one thing i can say about chicken incubation is even the pros lose some...and dont tell anyone, but my first hatch was 9 for 9 with a cracked incubator and no hygrometer.
I think the real culprit here is voodoo magic.
Grigri!

Back
Top Bottom