Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

I'm not sure if you followed this from the beginning or not but this was a test run to see if I could work the bator properly...in order to hatch some quail.
I wanted to make sure it would hold temps correctly and it did.
I wasn't worried about the humidity levels at all until now.
Humidity levels are not something you should be worried about. Just make sure you get the quail eggs from a semi-respectable source, and track your air sac. These two eggs were worst case scenarios. I was shocked they even launched...

You should try another run. No water both vents out. At lockdown both plugs in to keep the moisture from the hatch in but still no water. Just to see can't do any worse I think you'd be surprised

You should try another run. No water both vents out. At lockdown both plugs in to keep the moisture from the hatch in but still no water. Just to see can't do any worse I think you'd be surprised
I will try again.
Thanks!

All this time I have heard keep the humidity high towards the end of hatching but now I think I had it too high and that is why the current duckling could not turn to unzip. I had to help him out on day 29 only to find he had a small part of the yolk to absorb... omg
What was your humidity levels at for the whole process?

Back
Top Bottom