Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

20180505_155434.jpg

Just thought I'd leave this here.
I can't tell if the pug wants to eat them or just likes to see them panic..

Hitting on the relative humidity.........

We are to be 8-11% today.

How ya'll survive in high humidity is beyond me!
:th
We stay indoors....I. The air conditioner! You can't ever have "nice" hair days here.

Hitting on the relative humidity.........

We are to be 8-11% today.

How ya'll survive in high humidity is beyond me!
:th
We complain about it. In 2000, my family went to the Grand Canyon for a vacation. We spent 8 days there, there wasn't a day under 94 degrees but the humidity was in the single digits. I LOVED it. It was lovely to have my sweat evaporate before it started accumulating. As long as you stayed hydrated, it was wonderful! Drying clothes on the line was wonderful. The first thing you put up was dry before you finished hanging the last things up. Heck, even a hand washed pair of jean shorts dried in less than an hour.

My dad didn't like it because he kept getting a nose bleeds.

Did he live?

That comparison pic was my little assisted call duckling. When I left for work this morning, he was still alive. But he's in trouble. I worked his head free last night, and there's a lot of yolk to be absorbed. And he has some bill deformity. So I don't expect him to make it till I get home. But maybe...
WP_20180510_08_20_31_Pro.jpg

FYI for anyone interested or wondering what went wrong.... These eggs were covered by a broody duck hen for a couple of weeks, then she decided to abandon them. I left them outside in very highly fluctuating temperatures (near-freezing to upper 60's) for 2 days before bringing them inside. I wasn't going to incubate them, I was going to toss them. But I couldn't after candling and seeing some were still alive.
But this is the danger with such fluctuations.... deformities.... :(

Back
Top Bottom