Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Is Baby Iris a FBCM? I have never seen a full blooded FBCM hen with copper on her wing feathers, the wing feathers on the adult hens are all black. I have a few chicks with copper showing on their wing feathers.

We don't know what she is but we suspect she might be OE. She came out of an olive green egg & the house we got the eggs from has a lot Americana hens. One of the few roo's was a Black Maran, so we're making a lot of assumptions.

We don't know what she is but we suspect she might be OE. She came out of an olive green egg & the house we got the eggs from has a lot Americana hens. One of the few roo's was a Black Maran, so we're making a lot of assumptions.
Well let's hope it's a she :fl:fl Keep us posted on how she turns out, would love to see pics, if you are willing.

@FrankieDoodle
Hey Frankie can you post some pix of Iris???

Sure!
Here are some of the more recent pics of Iris
IMG_8373.JPG
IMG_8505.JPG

(I can always go out and get more)

Thanks! :highfive:She's 4wks tomorrow. We might need to stretch her wing out to look at the tips.
Since she is only four weeks and mixed breed, wing feathers may not matter, the ones I have with copper on their wings are only 2 weeks old and have larger combs already. I am guessing, mind you, but looks like a pullet to me. Let's hope it's not just wishful thinking. :fl

Since she is only four weeks and mixed breed, wing feathers may not matter, the ones I have with copper on their wings are only 2 weeks old and have larger combs already. I am guessing, mind you, but looks like a pullet to me. Let's hope it's not just wishful thinking. :fl

:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl
I keep hoping that using female pronouns will swing fate in my favor.
:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl

@FrankieDoodle
Hey Frankie can you post some pix of Iris???

Sure!
Here are some of the more recent pics of Iris
View attachment 1385450 View attachment 1385452
(I can always go out and get more)
Baby Iris has some new feathers coming in on the neck. If they are pointed tips, then it is a cockerel. The bulk of the feathering suggests a pullet. And there are no wattles showing...also a pullet trait.
Let's give it a few weeks.
Most cockerels don't crow until 5 months.

Back
Top Bottom