Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

I need to read all the posts
That is the next Marans I want, need to call my marans guy, he has some lavender pullets right now. Need to get them before he sells them. :fl:fl
And you have broodies to raise them for you. I feel for these little chicks in their brooder with pine chips and a plastic heat source. It seems such a sterile experience next to being raised by Mom who snuggle them at night and would already be taking them around the yard and showing them how to scratch up up grit and bugs.

Maybe next year. Maran's and Orpington's are supposed to two of the the broodiest of the heavy chicken types.

And you have broodies to raise them for you. I feel for these little chicks in their brooder with pine chips and a plastic heat source. It seems such a sterile experience next to being raised by Mom who snuggle them at night and would already be taking them around the yard and showing them how to scratch up up grit and bugs.

Maybe next year. Maran's and Orpington's are supposed to two of the the broodiest of the heavy chicken types.
:fl:fl:fl There are broodies in you future!

I have an extra broody right now, but these pullets are 3 months old.

Hello all. Sorry we couldn't see the chick hatch live. It hatched in the three hours I was sleeping after finally deciding it wasn't going to hatch tonight :he

1527937978304608893603.jpg

April 20th—Day 1
So I decided why not drip some wax on the cracked egg and put them both into the bator.
:eek:
After sitting in the bator over night I candled and see this:

View attachment 1348653 View attachment 1348654 View attachment 1348656

I have zero first hand experience as to what a freshly laid fertilized eggs looks like.
I am going to take a wild guess and pretend these two are both fertile!
:confused:

I went back on an egg and chicken hunt this morning...found neither. I am heading back to the barn now and will be there for a few hours to see if I can find anything else.
They are fertile and that is a lil baby in the egg! Keep me posted on if any of them hatch!!!

They are fertile and that is a lil baby in the egg! Keep me posted on if any of them hatch!!!
The eggs you saw all died.

This is the new set of eggs (Round 2)in the bator now.
Starting day 7:

Back
Top Bottom