Kiki's Quail Cage Build

I got both side/ends done on the nice cage.
I'm rethinking the roof.
IMG_20190111_143957.jpg
IMG_20190111_144957.jpg

I just need to add the door latches and cover that front middle piece with hardware cloth and figure out the roof. I do not like the plywood on the roof.
A small blue tarp attached with bungees can work as a roof(over HC for safety). Cheap and quick. That's what I used on Doba's wire dog crate quarters.;)

Kiki - that new cage looks HEAVY. I tried to make mine light. And failed. It is also top heavy. I see more bracing coming AFTER I get it in place.
It's not going to be as heavy as my first one.:old

I don't plan on moving it once I get it in it's spot. I did manage to lift my other one on to the table thing to it's final spot myself so I'm pretty sure I can move this one once too but I can force someone to help me if needed.

A small blue tarp attached with bungees can work as a roof(over HC for safety). Cheap and quick. That's what I used on Doba's wire dog crate quarters.;)
I'm thinking a piece of polycarbonate plastc roof stuff might be what I use.
I'll add the roof once I get it moved. I'd like for the roof to hang over all the way around a few inches.

I'm thinking a piece of polycarbonate plastc roof stuff might be what I use.
I'll add the roof once I get it moved. I'd like for the roof to hang over all the way around a few inches.
That would be nice and let some light in.:)
I was warned not to redneck the yard. Tarps are out. Good solution, but not for us.

Chicken coop has flat asphalt roof, so I went with the metal roof this time. More for ambiance than anything. We shall see.
There is that redneck aspect, I understand.:lau

Still I resort to tarps in a pinch.:oops:

Back
Top Bottom