Kiki's WeekEND Home Made Goodie Goodness

Will the Dog show up today?

• Total voters
I had a feeling I was getting parts of conversations but didn't think I had missed a page so was like huh?? Wasn't trying to be nosey...just wanted to be sure I wasn't losing my mind.
.....hush @MROO
Biting my tongue, the inside of my cheek, my fingernails ... dancing in place... That is SUCH an unfair request of me!!!!

Half of my fall classes just got booted to online.
🥵😭🤯 that's me exploding in anxiety
The key to taking online classes is the same as for telecommuting a job. If you don't have an office, make one, even if it's just the corner of a room. Get up, get dressed, and "go to work/class". If you have to walk around the block for your mind to feel like you've commuted to work, do it.

The first mod my school switched to online classes I had to fail my entire class because they didn't understand and do this, so they missed class and didn't do their work or tests. They got better.

One of the best investments I've made was my bigger dehydrator. You name it I make it.
Fruit and veggie chips, fruit leathers, tomato leathers...which is surprisingly good to chew on, as well as drying every fruit and veggie under the sun. Of course herbs and seasonings too.

Often I will make a super dried thin tomato brittle and then crush it up and use it like an herb. It's really good mixed into homemade cheeses or sprinkled over casseroles.
I need to try making my own sweet potato chips if I can get a good crop of them here.
I used to make dried tomato paste, too - like your brittle. I guess I need to get another dehydrator. I just don't trust the electric in my 100 year old house enough to leave it running for days at a time.

There is only me here so there is no need to go overboard on drying anything. I need my canned tomatoes.
I do tend to dry too much 🤭 but I have found it easier than trying to can or blanch then freeze all the veggies we need to feed us all year. Waste not want not, and all that jazz.
I do still can some stuff.

And it's been great to have plenty during times like these. Sure, it won't make toilet paper (....or will it 🤔 ) but it's one appliance I will not give up without a big fight! I'd keep it over my K.A. even
**covers Miss Mullberry's ears**

The key to taking online classes is the same as for telecommuting a job. If you don't have an office, make one, even if it's just the corner of a room. Get up, get dressed, and "go to work/class". If you have to walk around the block for your mind to feel like you've commuted to work, do it.

The first mod my school switched to online classes I had to fail my entire class because they didn't understand and do this, so they missed class and didn't do their work or tests. They got better.
They moved as many of my nursing courses online too as possible.

Back
Top Bottom