Kiki's WeekEND Home Made Goodie Goodness

Will the Dog show up today?

• Total voters
My last place was like that and I wouldn't even leave a crock pot on low without being around it. Surge strip maybe? On mine I can choose the heat setting, so maybe a lower heat even though it's for a longer time? The bigger trays and more open body really helps push the air around too, so things take less time that the smaller circular ones.

One thing I love about drying kale, spinach, and swiss chard is that it dries super fast. A matter of just hours. Shredded zucchini/squash too. The smaller the bits the better. And my tomato purees are usually done in one day. The more sugar something has, added or natural, the longer things take to dry so I did more apple bits or slices at the old place. I could always plump them back up easily to make pie filling whenever I wanted. (if they didn't get eaten first)
What kind do you have? Mine was an old circular beast, but that was probably 20 years ago!

I don't know what it's like in TX, but here in CA classes are expected to be online this coming school year.
there are 7 million different school districts around here and some of them have delayed the start of school.
Some of them have announced they are going to start as online only.

At this point my district is optional... We can choose to do online or in person go to the school.

It's complicated.

We ended the school year with online learning and it was a complete effing disaster joke.

The key to taking online classes is the same as for telecommuting a job. If you don't have an office, make one, even if it's just the corner of a room. Get up, get dressed, and "go to work/class". If you have to walk around the block for your mind to feel like you've commuted to work, do it.

The first mod my school switched to online classes I had to fail my entire class because they didn't understand and do this, so they missed class and didn't do their work or tests. They got better.
I've taken online classes and made A's. I'm just very anxious about this semester for many reasons, and now this.
anyway, I'm done sulking, but my adviser is gonna get an earful on Wednesday.
At my college they have some of the medical classes in person but they're being very strict about taking temperatures, masks, and social distancing. There are some classes that you just can't do online. Like phlebotomy.
I don't know how I'm going to cut open a dog online but I guess I'll find out.

I've taken online classes and made A's. I'm just very anxious about this semester for many reasons, and now this.
anyway, I'm done sulking, but my adviser is gonna get an earful on Wednesday.

I don't know how I'm going to cut open a dog online but I guess I'll find out.
Eeeeeewwwwww!
But yeah, that would be a tough one to long-distance.

No! Just trying NOT to respond to the likelihood of Snappy losing her mind! :barnie
funny-pictures-sweet-jez-7914764.jpeg

What kind do you have? Mine was an old circular beast, but that was probably 20 years ago!
Excalibur. I started with the circular one about 20 years ago too. My E is about 15 years old and runs like a dream. I have no idea where to find the best prices these days.
https://excaliburdehydrator.com/
In a pinch, things like apple slices/firmer food can be layered between air filters or other stiff material, then strapped to a plain box fan. Run until dry. (Alton Brown, Good Eats)

Back
Top Bottom