Killdeer eggs?

Please make it absolutely clear to your brother to NEVER. EVER. mess with a nest,

or eggs, ever again. It's not your fault, it's your brother's. I just had an extremely horrible,

depressing day due to trying to help a little nest of eggs. It didn't turn out well. Call an expert,

let them handle the eggs. Please. You may be all exited now, and ready to feed and care for them,

but once they hatch you'll see how hard it is, and most likely accidently kill them. I'm sorry

this has been put on your hands. I'd have a long talk with your brother.
hugs.gif

ScissorChick

Quote:
You can't blame someone for trying to help....I have raised many an orphaned animal and set them free, sometimes it works out.....sounds like they were doomed anyway, why not give them a chance ??

sorry ksm123, people on this website can be REAllY harsh and you can only try to stand up for yourself, but if you have done it before, then go ahead and do it, some people on this website i think are out to BAg on people....................... sorry

Quote:
Life in the wild is harsh.

There are reasons for many of the laws. Sure you can break the law and try and help as the OP said she has done. She has hatched out wild birds before and they come to people now. Those birds are no longer wild and are no longer the way they were meant to be.

Quote:

There are reasons for many of the laws. Sure you can break the law and try and help as the OP said she has done. She has hatched out wild birds before and they come to people now. Those birds are no longer wild and are no longer the way they were meant to be.

Life in general is harsh... that doesn't mean you just sit there and do nothing... to each his own...

Quote:

chickens at one time weren't domesticated

Killdeer do hatch out able to run around and they can forage on there own with a little guidance so you would not need to regurgitate food for them. They have a similar diet as chickens do they eat small bugs worms and some vegatative foods. Honestly IMO it does not hurt a thing to try and hatch them what bothers me is people that feel they have to judge others for trying to do what they feel is right. I once rescued a young kestral that fell from the barn and injured its wing I kept it for about 6 weeks and turned it loose it stayed all summer and would catch pieces of hamburger out of the air when I would throw them up it was pretty cool. He left early winter and I figured I would not see him again but he comes back and sits on his favorite perch and he will call to me each spring and he hangs around all summer. He definately is not tame and he gets along fine. Last year he showed up with a mate and they stayed around all summer. Just today he showed up again this marks the third year he has made it back from whereever he goes in the winter. So I guess I am as guilty as anybody else that has tried to help a displaced or injured wild animal but I can live with that!!

Quote:

chickens at one time weren't domesticated

Your point being?

Back
Top Bottom