Killer Rooster-HELP!

kayab423

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 22, 2007
My Rooster is evil! When we let the flock out into the yard he attacks the cat, the kids and the adults. Is there a way to modify his behavior so that he won't attack? We usually fight back and to show our dominance but this isn't really working. Any ideas?

I have a picture that I sometimes post, but usually get a lot of flack for doing so. An agressive Rooster as you describe should be culled. The reason these guys keep popping up is that people persist in breeding from them. I just culled the best Double Tufted Blue Red Cock I ever bred for his agressive behavior. There are just too many male birds available to condon this tendency.

I agree, you need to get rid of him.

I had one that was chasing the kids that I had to get rid of. It was hard, but not as hard as having to calm my daughter when her pet rooster chased her around the yard.

I had a rooster like that. I would grab him and carry him around upside down by his feet. It sounds stupid, but it worked. He eventually stayed the heck away from me and everyone else because he realized I was bigger and could beat him up. He's good now. But if that doesn't work bash him on the head with a shovel.
smack.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom