Killing our Duck today 💔

I always get all females from major hatcheries by mail like MurrayMcMurray or Metzer farms
Also they sell them sexed at some feed stores
Most feed stores only sell Peking or Khaki Campbells or sometimes Swedish…I’ve never seen Welsh Harlequin but then again I’ve not been to every feed store! :D

There was this one time I got 10 ducklings straight run (NOT sexed) and ended up with 7 drakes that I had to rehome. they probably went in someones soup pot. But anyway After that I never again got straight run.

Most feed stores only sell Peking or Khaki Campbells or sometimes Swedish…I’ve never seen Welsh Harlequin but then again I’ve not been to every feed store! :D
Oh I dont know what breed the op wanted. I have 2 welshies they are wonderful.

This hatchery says they have Welsh Harlequin ducklings shipping now and the minimum order is one duckling…but I would definitely suggest getting two so they can grow up together.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about this hatchery :)

https://www.thechickhatchery.com/product/welsh-harlequin-ducks/

Oh I dont know what breed the op wanted. I have 2 welshies they are wonderful.
They have a mallard I’m pretty sure…I’m just suggesting Welsh Harlequin because there’s even less chance of a surprise male since they’re almost autosexing.

I always get all females from major hatcheries by mail like MurrayMcMurray or Metzer farms
Also they sell them sexed at some feed stores
Thanks for the recommendations I’m definitely making sure this time it’s a female before I buy one I don’t ever want to have to do that again😭

I am sorry you are having to go through this! :hugsDo you have another duck available for your hen? She will be lonely without a companion... Perhaps you could set up a pen with netting for the two to roam in during the day?
We are getting a female duck for her in a few weeks maybe two so she can have some friends! She likes sleeping with the hens she was doing this before we killed the Mallard which makes me think he may have been bullying her too.

Back
Top Bottom