Kind of a dumb question

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
Okay, this is kind of dumb but I suppose the only REALLY stupid question is the one that is never asked!
hmm.png
Sigh.
One of our first chicks we hatched out has greenish colored legs, our full blood Americauna has the same kind...does this mean our chick is an Americauna cross or do many other breeds have the same color?

If they were sold to you with the incorrect spelling for ameraucana as "americana", then you have EEs. Pure ameraucana do not have green legs - they should have slate legs to meet the standard of perfection. I would guess with green legs, they are a cross (otherwise known as the EE).

Jody

Sometimes leg color is tricky and darkens or lightens when the chick gets older. Also, some colors have darker colored legs regardless of the breed.

Do you have any pictures of the chick? Also, if these chicks are from your own eggs, do you know what rooster or hen he may have come from?

The chicks are from eggs I bought online from two separate places. The reason I thought the mixed chick (the woman I got that egg from has a mixed flock, dont know all what kinds) might have some Americauna is because of the green legs. The full blood Americauna chick has green legs as well.
I have been promising pictures for a while and will TRY to accomplish that! I am a horrible photographer but maybe I can bribe my daughter. I still have to post photos to a thread in incubating as well.
hmm.png
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom