Kind of mad about DH's video game... and new WIFE!

I have totally lost the plot on this thread...is it because your life in the real world is not up to scratch (as you perceive it)....or you feel the need for a totally cyber life (away from BYC!)....does the cyber life make you feel happier...or it is alienating you from your real life family and friends........just interested from one who never plays on game thingy's..........................actually I find it rather bizarre...real life -v- cyber life.........who will win??????????????????

Now theres a question for y'all

Quote:
English Chick, I'm with you. BYC seems to fulfill all the cyber life I have an apparently innate need for. Can't imagine sitting in front of the computer for any reason otherwise - would rather be outside...

Quote:
English Chick, I'm with you. BYC seems to fulfill all the cyber life I have an apparently innate need for. Can't imagine sitting in front of the computer for any reason otherwise - would rather be outside...

Yup Yup Yup Buffs am with you on that one....its night time here at the mo though!

You know, not all MMORPG, RPG, etc. are bad. I love those kind of games because I don't have either the money or time to do this in real life. It gives people the fun, say for example in Harvest Moon, farming. I probably won't be able to live on a farm until I graduate college and find a decent job, then buy the land and animals, etc. etc. My point is that these games give us experiences that not everyone would be able to witness in real life or bring their fictional fantasies to life. Not to say that you are a bad wife, as I know nothing about you, but maybe your husband just wants some humorous fun? I know life can be stressful and maybe it's possible that he just needs a place to get away from it all. If I offended you in anyway, I apologize.

I have totally lost the plot on this thread...is it because your life in the real world is not up to scratch (as you perceive it)....or you feel the need for a totally cyber life (away from BYC!).

Hahaha, it's funny... Yesterday before all this happened I had this random thought that I sent to a friend:

"He is such the computer addict... I have to wonder if I'm just some AI program he dreamed up and wrote. :)"

It's mid winter, cabin fever is setting in. It's no coincidence that Psycho was filmed in Colorado during the winter!
big_smile.png

Not to say that you are a bad wife, as I know nothing about you, but maybe your husband just wants some humorous fun? I know life can be stressful and maybe it's possible that he just needs a place to get away from it all.

He's been a video game addict since before Pong came out.
smile.png
I think his brain is just wired for it, and that's mostly OK with me. I play with him sometimes (Halo, Gears, etc.).

It gives people the fun, say for example in Harvest Moon, farming. I probably won't be able to live on a farm until I graduate college and find a decent job, then buy the land and animals, etc. etc. My point is that these games give us experiences that not everyone would be able to witness in real life or bring their fictional fantasies to life.

That part I understand. I do find it odd, however, that someone would obsessively play a gardening game, but never have a desire to be out in the REAL garden. Or would want to take care of a virtual farm at the neglect of their REAL farm.​

Quote:
That's why she is happily married! She gets to do all that to the Sims men. Gets the frustration out.

Mine just got an x box for himself for Christmas. I've no worries though. I get mad at him for stuff he does in my dreams that ticks me off.
A game "wife" would be nothing

My dh LARP'd up until a few years ago. Not cheap! When the kiddo got bigger and less"frightening" he quit playing. But he would go out for weekends a few times a year. Dress up in costume and run around in the woods in character.
roll.png

I never "got" it. But it was his thing. Not saying that I am not immensely happy that he no longer plays. Because I am. Very much. I just really never liked the other folks that played. And most of his friends played more intensely than he ever did.

Last edited:
Funny I bought 'my sons' an additional X-box 360 for Christmas and rented this very game.

Interestingly enough my youngest son had to show me how to get married and make a baby...... ummm something terribly wrong with this picture.
roll.png
"No dad you have to give her a Thumbs Up first!"
lol.png

Oh OH and not to mention you can buy items that prevent things in game too....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom