Kinda random but....

Yeah! I actually had a twin duck egg I was hatching, sadly though the hatch rates for twins are super low :(

Mine just died in the shell today, but some people can have success with it! If you ever wanted to try it i've heard you need to help them if they get to hatch day though, but I'm not exactly sure how. I think you very carefully poke a hole in the pointy end of the egg once the other one pips at the fat end so that the second one can breathe (sorry if that's confusing). But you should probably ask professionals who have experience about helping them hatch instead of listening to me 😅 .

Good luck if you do try to hatch a double yolker! ( if you were just curious about it and not planning on doing it then, sorry for all the random info :oops: )

I bought a dozen duck eggs once to hatch and there was large blue egg. I candled it
and saw it was a double yolker. I did not try to hatch it. With my luck, they would be deformed or twisted and I hate to cull anything!

Yeah! I actually had a twin duck egg I was hatching, sadly though the hatch rates for twins are super low :(

Mine just died in the shell today, but some people can have success with it! If you ever wanted to try it i've heard you need to help them if they get to hatch day though, but I'm not exactly sure how. I think you very carefully poke a hole in the pointy end of the egg once the other one pips at the fat end so that the second one can breathe (sorry if that's confusing). But you should probably ask professionals who have experience about helping them hatch instead of listening to me 😅 .

Good luck if you do try to hatch a double yolker! ( if you were just curious about it and not planning on doing it then, sorry for all the random info :oops: )
I was just curious but we do have fertilized eggs so if I ever try hatching I will try a double yolker. I think little twin anaconas would be the cutest thing ever♥️

Double yolks are actually NOT as rare as people say - pretty common in chickens just starting to lay, actually. I've gotten multiple in one egg carton from small local chicken farms. If the egg is fertilized both chickens will start to grow, but when they get big enough one or both will suffocate due to the room in the egg being too small. There are next to no surviving twins.

Double yolks are actually NOT as rare as people say - pretty common in chickens just starting to lay, actually. I've gotten multiple in one egg carton from small local chicken farms. If the egg is fertilized both chickens will start to grow, but when they get big enough one or both will suffocate due to the room in the egg being too small. There are next to no surviving twins.
Sad that they don’t live . My ducks lay a double yolker once or twice a mouth

Back
Top Bottom