Kindergarten Incubation underway!

NatalieB

Songster
10 Years
Jun 27, 2009
Ashby, MA
So to pawn off my obsession I "offered" to do a hatch in my daughters class. LOL I was talking to to them about what to look for when it comes close to hatching. I thought I would make a poster board for them of pips and zips. Anyone have some great pictures? I would love to post them in her classroom to help make it more interactive. Any other ideas please speak up!! Thank you!!
big_smile.png

I was just talking to my sister in law last night about doing this in her first grade class. Somewhere around this site there is a link to a chart that gives a detailed image of what the chick looks like everday during incubation. I was giong to find that to have also when I start my class hatch.

I think it is great you are doing this for the class. Not sure where you are but in the city I meet so many kids who have no idea about animals and life. The kids go on field trips to farms to see chickens and goats. Pretty crazy compared to how I grew up.

I live in rural Massachusetts--small farm town with 3,000 people. The kids see farm animals alot, but they were so excited to think that they were going to hatch their own chicks. I let the kids put the eggs in the bator and you would have thought I gave them all a million dollars! Their faces said it all!

For my kids, this has been a highlight of Kindergarten ever since my youngest was that age (7 years ago). We live in the city and it's frightening how disconnected kids seem to be to nature and food.

Anyways, have a great time! Last year, my friend Kathryn, adopted the Kindergarten chicks at the end of the school year. My DH made a coop for her. You can check out my page for photos.

City chook I love your website. How cute! Your girls are adorable, and so are your daughters hahaha. I should do a website like that too. My kids are very into the chickens as well. Kudos to your for having chooks in the city!
lol.png

edited for spelling.

Last edited:
Quote:
You think their faces lit up when putting the egg in. Wait until you see their faces when you send them home with the chick. Been doing it for years. Now I try to keep 9 bators going in differnet schools. I have even put them in convalesant hospitals. When you do that, you learn just how much you don't know.

Back
Top Bottom