King Quail Sexing

VJN

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2021
Hello. I am new here and I joined to learn in raising different types of birds. I just want to know the sex of my King Quails. If he or she. :) I used to raise button quails before but this looks is new to me. Appreciate your reply. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-1890.jpg
    IMG-1890.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG-1889.jpg
    IMG-1889.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-1888.jpg
    IMG-1888.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 12
Hello. I am new here and I joined to learn in raising different types of birds. I just want to know the sex of my King Quails. If he or she. :) I used to raise button quails before but this looks is new to me. Appreciate your reply. Thanks.
Looks male to me, if u want to make sure can we get a pic of the vent?

@Nabiki @FloorCandy ?????
I’m going to throw out a guess of non-bibbed male but I’m not very experienced with king quail/buttons
I have 2 of those, but I can’t tell the gender and I’ve been waiting to hear sounds. But if that one is old enough to be laying the vents would look different, females more long and males smaller and more narrow.

On a side note 🤔 blue face with white playing up so technically a splash pied (or partially?) Opinions?

I’m not up on all the button stuff yet, but splash is a separate gene right? But you can also get the same effect from carrying recessive white?
Splash just refers to the pattern like effect , like it's just a splash of white, pied and splash same thing, it's still just white bleeding through in it's morphs color and covering it up like a paint job

Meant to post this here 😂 posted it in wrong spot

Let me rephrase this they are both basically same thing just one has left over morph and the other has the morph with white patch or patches can be small to big , shana is an example of almost all white but has patches of her morph left on back head bit on neck bit on shoulders bit on lower butt going down, his is an example of the other the white appearing on the face, they are the same thing just showing up reversed and along the years were given different names

Thanks guys for your reply. Highly apprecited. This afternoon, I tried to observe my quails and saw that the one I sent photos is flirting with the male. :) Hope it is not false alarm. But anyway, I'll update here if she or he? Like what I've said, I used to have king quails before but this is new looks to me. 😅

Back
Top Bottom