Kirby Vacuums ::::Another UPDATE >:(::::

Quote:
I dont know what one needs to rate "excellent" but my mom's Kirby, when you start it on you can see it sink down as it grips the carpet. They are heavy I suppose but I think a lot of the "apparent weight" is do to the opposing force offered the used buy the darn near "excellent" suction. Again, I dont own one nor have stock in Kirby. Im just speaking from what I have experience through my mom having many and refusing to buy anything else.

...Yeah.....
Just found one on craigslist for $250 with all the attachments
This one will be going back tomorrow
big_smile.png

....Does the warranty still come with it if its bought from a private sale?

Quote:
I dont know what one needs to rate "excellent" but my mom's Kirby, when you start it on you can see it sink down as it grips the carpet. They are heavy I suppose but I think a lot of the "apparent weight" is do to the opposing force offered the used buy the darn near "excellent" suction. Again, I dont own one nor have stock in Kirby. Im just speaking from what I have experience through my mom having many and refusing to buy anything else.

The guy did a test where he put this plastic strip on mine and showed how easy it was to pull off then set it over the kurby and had me try to pull it and I couldnt!
I know that the plastic wasnt made to fit my vacuum but still! I could NOT pull that thing off

...I read a test on a dyson vs kirby and kirby beat dyson 8 out of 10 tests

Last edited:
Quote:
I know!! I got home from an evening class at 8:30pm and this guy had apparently been there since 6PM! Our room and bed was vacuumed. I wasn't that impressed.... then that guys boss weaseled his way in and showed us the attachment that removed about 3 years of cat fur off the dang cat tree..... hook... line... and sinker!
th.gif

Glad you didn't get reeled in!

~Steph

Quote:
I know!! I got home from an evening class at 8:30pm and this guy had apparently been there since 6PM! Our room and bed was vacuumed. I wasn't that impressed.... then that guys boss weaseled his way in and showed us the attachment that removed about 3 years of cat fur off the dang cat tree..... hook... line... and sinker!
th.gif

Glad you didn't get reeled in!

~Steph

....But I did!
hide.gif

My SO and I laughed it off and said it was easier just to buy the vacuum and return it tomorrow than sit there and try and haggle/tell the guy we dont want another payment.

We have a Kirby, and we bought it 10 years ago. We love it still. I just brought it in and spent $40 for some new belt in it and a cleanup/tune up. Money well spent. We got ours for 800 though, because DH and I play a very nice game of good cop/bad cop with these types of things. I loved the vacuum and wanted it, but when I called my husband at work, he talked to the sale guy and said "I can make this real easy. We'll give you 800 for it, or you can get to steppin'" We have dogs and cats and birds and guinea pigs, and needless to say, we need a GOOD vacuum. Whenever I have occasion to use other people's vacuums, it's really disappointing and I wonder how they do it. LOL I also would have gone through probably 3 cheap-o vacuums by now. Which are not so cheap. Just my opinion! Good luck
cool.png

Kirby's are good vacuums. I have had several over the years. But they are waaaaay overpriced. Always have been.

Back
Top Bottom