Kirby Vacuums ::::Another UPDATE >:(::::

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
Does anyone have one?
What do you think of them?

Ok so I get this knock on my door to a guy handing me this glade room spray and asking me if I would like a demo on one of my rooms it will only take a minute..
Um..Ok I said...
So he and his boss bring this vacuum in and his boss leaves to go deal with their other sales people.
I have to admit though... What he showed me was pretty awesome! I had just vacuumed not 30 minutes before they got there and it was picking up all kinds of dirt and grime. He showed me how it cleans my matress, shampoos my carpets, cleans my couches, etc..

Well 3 hrs later when we get to the end of all this we tell him we really cant afford $70 a month well he works us a "deal" down to $47 and we get this vacuum with all the bells and whistles.
My SO feels like we got scammed a little. The vacuume cost us $1250 so we will be paying for it the next 2.2 years. It does have a lifetime guarantee on any and all of its parts no questions asked and they have been around for 97 years.
We have 3 days to return it and my SO wants to call them tomorrow.

Anyone have one and are happy with it?
I dont really know what to tell my SO because now I feel kind of bad about it..

Last edited:
But it has a lifetime warrenty
hu.gif

...and buffs hardwoods too
I have to buy a "good" one ($200) every 2 years anyways

Last edited:
Well, I last bought a vacuum maybe 15 years ago, so we obviously look at these things differently.
cool.png

If that's your pattern and if you'll call them and get it repaired when need be, this might make sense for you. Even if the parts are free, what about labor and delivery? How much do the bags and belts cost, and are they readily available?

I have one

Here is the history of how I obtained it

My mother bought it as a newlywed in 1960 - brand new out of the box Kirby with all the bells and whistles, lifetime warranty

I have the original receipt of what she paid, I can't remember offhand, but it was quite a bit for the 1960's.

She has sent it back twice for repair and they just replaced it with another one, used, albeit still with the lifetime warranty

It is made of I swear, cast iron. She passed away four years ago and I took it because it never broke down, except two times that they replaced it.

I may even get a picture of it and post it for you all to admire (joke) - I hoenstly don't use it in the house - it has to weight at least 40 pounds, so it's rough on my woodwork, but I keep it in the basement and use it every week to clean up downstairs. It's buitl like a tank and really doe4s vacuum well
I think if you can afford it, then it is well worth the money.
Just for kicks, let me grab a picture of it. It would probably be worth a fortune on Antique Roadshow\\
I'm editing to add, it never has needed the bag replaced, nor has it ever needed a belt replaced, I don't think it runs with a belt.

Last edited:
I don't know anyone who has one. If you like it and are comfortable paying that price, then keep it.

My vacuum is a Dyson, and it took several years to work up enough nerve to pay that much for a vacuum.

Back
Top Bottom