Kitten in the Hen House

misskes

Songster
5 Years
Jun 15, 2017
Just thought I'd share this cute kitten that's decided to take up residence with my hens. I've been calling it Cooper (don't know if it's male/female). The hens have completely accepted Cooper as one of their own. He/she can often be found sleeping on the roof of the coop as well as inside the run curled up next to a hen. There is a small gap at the top of the coop for ventilation and Cooper is just the right size to fit through.

cooper.jpg

Cooper is super cute! All I can think about is what else could potentially get through that opening if Cooper can...:oops: I would cover that gap up with 1/4" or 1/2" hardware cloth ASAP.

Absolutely. That was the first thing I thought of as well. Once he gets a little bigger I'll be blocking off his entrance, though I will feel bad for the little guy. He's very young and he loves the chickens.

So sweet. You'll have to get a picture of him curled up with one of the hens. I bet it's adorable! I'm glad you already have a plan to get that gap covered!!!

Absolutely. That was the first thing I thought of as well. Once he gets a little bigger I'll be blocking off his entrance, though I will feel bad for the little guy. He's very young and he loves the chickens.

I feel like crying....I, too, had a kitten who took up residence in the coop, and was fittingly christened "Cooper." Sweetest little cat in the world. He ended up dying a traumatic death, much to the immense sadness of our family. Your precious cat has brought back so many memories. :love Simply too adorable for words. Thanks for posting! :)

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom