kittens arrived! *New Pics Added*

annaraven

Born this way
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
SillyCon Valley
Quote:
I've had neutered males who hunted gophers and tree rats, and one who treed a raccoon. Unless you are a breeder, you don't need an unneutered cat.

drdoolittle

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2010
NE Indiana
PitterPaws wrote:
Maybe your kitty just is "Lazy"

That could be possible. He does hunt some, but usually it's baby chipmonks, baby birds, and once a flying squirrel. I have yet to see a mouse or rat he's killed. I had a female cat that was dumped here a few years ago, and while she was here she killed lots of mice and even a huge rat! She either left or something got her.
sad.png

I agree with everyone's points on neutering----in fact I have 4 housecats and they are all fixed. I suppose a trip to the spay/neuter clinic is in the cards for Rocky along with Nova. Thanks for all the input-------didn't mean to get the thread off-topic.​

bagendhens

Songster
10 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Outside the Boundries
lol our neutered male is a better hunter than our neighbors unfixed tom lol.

i do think though females generally make better mousers...i mean look at lions...the males only hunt if there forced to lol.

drdoolittle

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2010
NE Indiana
Very true. Besides, my neutered male is bi-polar (at least the kids think he is)-----nice one second and hissing/growling the next for no apparent reason. I think that's why the former owners got rid of him. They had a CL post the said, "Needs a new home today or I will have to take him to the shelter." I was looking for a barn cat, saw the ad and went to get him.

watchdogps

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Central Ohio
Quote:
How's this for off topic? - I want to see a pic of your plated lizard! I love those guys, but they never fared well at the store I worked at.
sad.png

Top Bottom