kittens

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by txredneckmedic, Dec 24, 2010.

1. txredneckmedic

txredneckmedic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Well bout a week ago or so I went to feed our horses and as i walked by one of my empty pens I found some fuzzy things laying there. All in a ball and cold. Took them all home....5 probably 2 day old kittens that had been abandoned. Well sorry to say we lost one today...tried for 2 days to save it but it was the runt and weak. The others are doing good though.

2. happytxchick

happytxchick Egg Song Acre

Jul 8, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, TX
    Awww...good for you for trying! Merry Christmas!

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know HOW you can title a post "kittens" and not post pics. Now I'll have to go type kitten pictures into google and get my fix. I'm sorry about your one baby.

4. txredneckmedic

Apr 20, 2009
    Well we lost one yesterday due to it refusing to eat, and then woke up this morning to find 2 of the 3 cold and lifeless. Got one back but not the other. hopeing the other two do good still.

5. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    It's really hard to keep them going when they're so tiny. ): Good luck!

6. txredneckmedic

Apr 20, 2009
    Well lost another last night. I dont get it...had my wifes bathrobe under the carrier, had a big blanket in the carrier, hot water bottles in the carrier under the blanket, two babys in the middle, a blanket on top of them(more than enough room to let them crawl around inside...made like a pouch so as not to smother them), put the carrier top on and then a towel on top of that and put it next to the heater vent and still found another dead and cold this morning.

7. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    What are you feeding them and how often? Are you washing their bottoms with a warm washcloth after they eat? They could just be sick.[​IMG]

8. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:Agreed--what are you feeding them? And yes, you have to wipe their bottoms after they eat to stimulate them to go to the bathroom. I am a foster and board member of our local cat rescue and I have fostered MANY newborn kittens. I ONLY feed them KMR--you can buy this at Walmart in the pet section. I amcurrently fostering a mama cat who just gave birth to 6 kittens 2 weeks ago. Keep us posted!

9. txredneckmedic

Apr 20, 2009
    im feeding them the formula from walmart now....had been giving them some from the local feed store. As for wiping there butts I have a pregnant ranch dog that is doing it for me...and doing a very good job at it. Been feeding them every 2-3 hours, I think they were just sick to begin with and momma cat knew it and that why she abandoned them.

10. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I hope the ones that are left start doing better. It's scary when they start dying for no apparent reason----makes you feel so helpless.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by