knock on the front door

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cary 1973, Oct 24, 2012.

1. cary 1973

cary 1973 Chillin' With My Peeps

I get a loud rapped knocking on my door and who is there when I answear it but across the street 1 door over nieghbors telling me there is somthing wrong with 2 of my chickens they may have been posined or somthing they where having a sezures they saw it threw chain link fence. I had a feeling I knew what was going on but i walked them over to the side of my house and under the trees and what I though was going on what. we had a good laugh and they had all kinds of ? about the girls it turned out to be a nice visit.

Triva ? what do you think the girls where doing to bring panick to my hood?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    hmmmm, not sure.....

3. sezjasper

sezjasper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Laughing at myself here...the first time I saw one of my chickens practicing dust bathing (on my living room carpet, no less...) I thought she was having a seizure, too. As if that's not bad enough, the first time I felt a full crop, I thought my chicken had developed a huge cancerous tumor overnight. It's a wonder any of my chickens survived their first few months in my family [​IMG]

4. bucky52

bucky52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    dustbathing.i love to watch mine.

5. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    HA, so funny! The chickens really do look like they are in an altered state while dust bathing. But it is the state of chicken bliss.

6. cary 1973

I cried the first time I saw my girls do this when they were chicks I though they were dieing on me and I cried out no and ran to them (mine seem to do it 2 at a time) they looked at me like what the hell are you bother us for. Now sunbathing I think I almost killed them my self i let out a scream of NO and yelled there names and they jumped up like I set of a panic button. they should warn new chick owners that chickens playing dead and dieing very well [​IMG]

7. Chicks on DL

Chicks on DL Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    West Coast, Florida.
    They do like they are dying when they lay on their side and spread out one wing. [​IMG]

8. cary 1973

oh yes you all where right they where dust bathing although with there dust bath holes almost to china now I dont know how they say the girls doing it

9. Chicks on DL

Chicks on DL Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    West Coast, Florida.
    We have a neighbor that saw ours while peeking through the privacy fence. I nearly had a heart attack because we are not suppose to have them. As long as nobody complains it is not enforced.

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Dust bath Bliss

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by