Knowledge

Fierlin1182

powered-flight
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
We're doing this thing, as part of the IB, called Theory of Knowledge. It's actually quite interesting.
My friend, getting into the subject, managed to create a fair few credible arguments along the lines of we don't actually exist, we just think we do. Is such a thing even possible?! I can tell I'm not going to do very well at this class :p
Instead, I scrolled through the book and looked through the quotes and questions intended to make one think.
What is art?
Is all truth relative? Is even the fact that truth is relative relative?
I could not answer this question, because I don't know. :p What do you reckon? Do you exist? Does time have a beginning and an end?
:barnie
Anyway, I need to write a journal with things like newspaper articles that I read, which have something to do with the principles of life. I'm stuck. I mean, I have seven weeks to do it, but at the rate I'm going at I don't think I'm going to get very far. o.o

Remember for this life to make any sense, there needs to be an absolute. I found the Bible to be that standard. This book is the anvil that's worn out many hammers. good luck. also might go on you tube and watch some debates with Frank Turak. type in the search bar: I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

We're doing this thing, as part of the IB, called Theory of Knowledge. It's actually quite interesting.
My friend, getting into the subject, managed to create a fair few credible arguments along the lines of we don't actually exist, we just think we do. Is such a thing even possible?! I can tell I'm not going to do very well at this class
tongue.png

Instead, I scrolled through the book and looked through the quotes and questions intended to make one think.
What is art?
Is all truth relative? Is even the fact that truth is relative relative?
I could not answer this question, because I don't know.
tongue.png
What do you reckon? Do you exist? Does time have a beginning and an end?
barnie.gif

Anyway, I need to write a journal with things like newspaper articles that I read, which have something to do with the principles of life. I'm stuck. I mean, I have seven weeks to do it, but at the rate I'm going at I don't think I'm going to get very far. o.o

what class is the paper for, and are there particular lines you need to follow.

I think some truth, like morality, is relative, and the definitions of it change according to the perciever. But then I'm not a philosopher. Must the paper be on establish philosopher theories?

Not as far as I know, but then again, we've just started. :lol: Just our personal thoughts on such things as the questions I listed initially. There are also ones about how we know something is actually the case; they use the example of how we know bananas are actually yellow, how we know 2+2 make 4... once again, I am reminded of 1984. :lol:

As for religion... that's covered in the book, but I don't think I want to go into too much detail about that here. Never liked being involved in debates like that. :p I believe in God, but I'm going to leave it at that.

Not as far as I know, but then again, we've just started.
lol.png
Just our personal thoughts on such things as the questions I listed initially. There are also ones about how we know something is actually the case; they use the example of how we know bananas are actually yellow, how we know 2+2 make 4... once again, I am reminded of 1984.
lol.png

As for religion... that's covered in the book, but I don't think I want to go into too much detail about that here. Never liked being involved in debates like that.
tongue.png
I believe in God, but I'm going to leave it at that.

Oh man. You have fun with that class. It sounds like you'll have to do a lot of hard thinking and questioning.

Oh man. You have fun with that class. It sounds like you'll have to do a lot of hard thinking and questioning.

Most definitely. :lol: Something I don't tend to do very often. But I have to say that there appears to be a lot more to existence than I originally thought. My mind never even crossed some of these topics before. :gig

believing that man is the source of all knowledge is a religion in itself if you think about it. Maybe your quest should be for what is absolute. Why spin in circles?

Most definitely.
lol.png
Something I don't tend to do very often. But I have to say that there appears to be a lot more to existence than I originally thought. My mind never even crossed some of these topics before.
gig.gif

as head ache inducing as those topics can be, I think it can lead to healthy dose of self reflection and thought. Still, I don't envy you. Despite presenting the opportunity to learn a lot, those sort of classes can be difficult.

They're trying to make us question what we thought before was absolute. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom