Kosher Kings vs Red Ranger males vs Freedom Ranger Color Yield

when you start paying the feed bill for large eggs you suddenly learn to love those production class of leghorns (white) or California Whites or Production blacks... Some of those Sex Links that come from Rhode Island Reds or Production Reds are not too far behind on the feed to egg ratio. ISA browns probably had the largest eggs in a consistent egg layer who weren't too hard on the feeder as far as birds I have had but the best over all were the white leghorns. Giant sized eggs, foraged for most of their food, and they only slowed down production slightly when it got bitter cold.

when you start paying the feed bill for large eggs you suddenly learn to love those production class of leghorns (white) or California Whites or Production blacks... Some of those Sex Links that come from Rhode Island Reds or Production Reds are not too far behind on the feed to egg ratio. ISA browns probably had the largest eggs in a consistent egg layer who weren't too hard on the feeder as far as birds I have had but the best over all were the white leghorns. Giant sized eggs, foraged for most of their food, and they only slowed down production slightly when it got bitter cold.

Oh I absolutely agree on the Production type breeds and the sex links. So you don't have to convince me how great they are.

Meaty Birds would just be something to play around with. Fun time until time to buy more feed.

Oh I absolutely agree on the Production type breeds and the sex links. So you don't have to convince me how great they are.

Meaty Birds would just be something to play around with. Fun time until time to buy more feed.
Its a lot of fun but I am learning about feed bills the hard way. $500 last month because lately I was only hatching out the meats. Then I keep the females as layers, although they are only half meat birds so they do not eat as much as their mothers they still eat a lot. Soon my fancy Leghorns will be laying and I can start experimenting with breeding them. As I slowly sell off my meat bird offspring inventory my feed bill will start going down again.
The whole reason why I have chickens is for the manure anyways.. so all that feed money is being turned into a nitrogen rich compost that I covet so much. More trees will be produced in my Nursery come November.

Its a lot of fun but I am learning about feed bills the hard way. $500 last month because lately I was only hatching out the meats. Then I keep the females as layers, although they are only half meat birds so they do not eat as much as their mothers they still eat a lot. Soon my fancy Leghorns will be laying and I can start experimenting with breeding them. As I slowly sell off my meat bird offspring inventory my feed bill will start going down again.
The whole reason why I have chickens is for the manure anyways.. so all that feed money is being turned into a nitrogen rich compost that I covet so much. More trees will be produced in my Nursery come November.

Then it all works out anyway.

Back
Top Bottom