Kya's Farm Fun

Love the thread/journal! Great pics and beautiful birds!

Also, thanks for your military service. :)
Awe, thank you!
Cute profile pic. That's a Parakeet right? We had a blue one many years ago shortly after hubby and I got married.

It is! He's a funny little guy. A friend of mine found him in her yard. When he saw her he flew over and INTO her house looking for food. Poor thing was starving! She's terrified of birds, so we picked him up and my son named him Odysseus. Once we were sure he was healthy, we got him a friend that is blue. Now I don't know who's louder, the birds or the kids.

Poor little guy! At least he found a good home. I do remember how LOUD our little Orion was. So much for sleeping in on the weekends! :lau

My son insists upon keeping them in his room. It works out pretty well since 13 year olds sleep like the dead anyway! My 6 year old daughter was a bit jealous. I worked her through that by giving her more chicken/duck duties. Now she thinks our silkies should live in her room. :lau

I really dig your kennel coop. We utilize kennels a lot. They can be moved and are so easily modified. I love seeing kennel ideas. The possibilities are endless!

I've been slacking on the journal because life is just busy as can be right now. I did spend a little time today out with the camera though, so once I have those photos processed I'll have some updated ones of my little flock.

Part of chaos around here was that Wednesday night one of our darling kitties did not come home at dusk. He'd slipped back out the door between 6-7 after I had gathered up the pets to go inside for the night. We called and called, and finally found him under our back deck around 11. He was clearly injured. I pulled boards off and fetched him out. His front right leg was broken and he had some punctures and scrapes on his back hip. He went to the vet first thing in the morning and had surgery the next day. He's home now living in a huge dog kennel to keep him from running around the house. He's my baby.

Here's a pic of Errol the night he came home after surgery. He's decided that the kennel is his safe place while he's feeling all vulnerable. Even when we open the door for supervised out time, he goes back in.
20170609_180709.jpg

Well. It's a rainy day here. Again. Thunder is rolling in the distance as the heart of the storm nears. It's supposed to be 20 degrees below normal tomorrow! To me, this sounds like a perfect day to butcher the meat birds. Now we just need a place out of the rain to do it.

Back
Top Bottom