1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

'Ladies First Chicken Door' ???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LaPineEggs, Aug 22, 2015.

1. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    I fond it odd that there was no video showing the door in operation on the website.

2. LaPineEggs

LaPineEggs Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2015
    I agree, would be nice to see it in full operation. You can see and hear it move about 1" in the video that shows the safety feature stopping against an egg. The literature on the site says it moves about 12" in 45-seconds.

3. aart

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop

4. Why Did The Chicken Cross

Why Did The Chicken Cross Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2010
    North Carolina
    Hey Randy and aart,
    I'll try to get a good video of it going up and down loaded on the website soon.
    Matt

5. LaPineEggs

LaPineEggs Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2015
    That's great Matt! I know that as the designer of this newly manufactured automatic coop door that you have seen the door go up & down thousands of times! But, for us potential customers we can never have enough info., photos, and yes, videos to help us decide whether the product is what we need, or not.[​IMG] I would love to see some 45-second video segments of the door moving up & down using the various switch modes!

I think your door design using a screw drive is the 'Schizzz'! No way a coon is going to lift the door of your design!

Unless something I like better comes along in the next few months, I am pretty sure the 'Ladies First Chicken Door' will be on my new coop!

Randy

6. aart

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    @Why Did The Chicken Cross
    The installation videos seemed very good, detailed(didn't watch all in entirety) and should be a great asset to customers.
    Probably busy with those and forgot the simple 'watch it go up and down' videos.

7. Why Did The Chicken Cross

May 23, 2010
    North Carolina
    Thanks aart for the feedback.

I would like to get some more feedback good or bad so that I can make the website and or product better.

Anyone else have any feedback they would like to give?

8. aart

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Sure send me one gratis...I'll give it a full workout and detailed review...[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  9. Why Did The Chicken Cross

May 23, 2010
    North Carolina
    I might do a giveaway contest if that is allowed. I did the contact form but haven't heard anything back yet.

Do you have an automated door?

10. Why Did The Chicken Cross

May 23, 2010
    North Carolina

Thanks Randy for your enthusiasm for my product! I'll post the video this weekend. Please let me know if there is anything else you can think of that will be helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by