Quote:
Your such a hot babe!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
wink.png

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
I lived in Natal (I lived in Durban, Amanzimtoti, Petermaritzburg etc.) until I was 16 then moved south down the coast to East London

Wild

I have friends in Toti and Durban and another near Joburg. One of my co-workers is South African, we talk of braai's and potkje all the time. I am building a boma style braai area at my house next spring.
lol.png

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
I lived in Natal (I lived in Durban, Amanzimtoti, Petermaritzburg etc.) until I was 16 then moved south down the coast to East London

Wild

I have friends in Toti and Durban and another near Joburg. One of my co-workers is South African, we talk of braai's and potkje all the time. I am building a boma style braai area at my house next spring.
lol.png

gig.gif
I totally want a braai area!! A friend in East London has a braai and a rondavel thingie without a roof, with seating all the way around - I just love that! I want one just like hers.

Quote:
OMG girl I just amire you soooo much! I have got to come visit you and hang out one day!!! about the lepord.... and the bear where on earth were you?

Quote:
Makes you wonder what you're smiling at! I understand about the photo problem. Nothing looks like what I see in the mirror every day..... (sucking in stomach, throwing shoulders back)
cool.png

I have been sucking it in since 1988!!
lau.gif

Quote:
I just want to know what a braai thingy area is, but too lazy to look it up.
roll.png

A Braai is the equivalent of a BBQ, with slight differences. Most Braai's/area's are built with bricks, you don't often see one bought from Sears.
gig.gif
The fire is most often made from REAL wood, not charcoal or gas or anything other than pure WOOD.
gig.gif

Wild has it right, it is, IMO, better than a regular BBQ. It is a place to socialize and and usually enjoy a great view while preparing your food over a real fire with all the fixings and with friends and family. Dutch ovens on legs do some of the cooking over a pile of hot coals, usually of ironwood (if in Africa). Meats and sausages are cooked on a grill set up over coals as well.

I'll be building mine along the brook that runs in front of my house and it will have a raised fire area. When I get it done (next year) I'll start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom