Lady of Henezuela 2.0 (Questionnaire)

LadyofHenezuela

In the Brooder
Nov 20, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens! My hubby and I just got our first set of chickens about 9 weeks ago!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 5, but recently just found out one of ours is a rooster :eek:and we’re not allowed to have them because we live in the city :idunno. So soon to be 4 at minimum.

(3) What breeds do you have?
1. Salmon Faverolle (x2)—Ilsa and previously Anna, now thinking Christoph or Sven until we can give him up.
0A92B240-7A41-4CCA-BCF8-33654D56026A.jpeg

2. Blue laced Red Wyandotte—Isabella
0EA60940-BCED-465E-A931-7172B7665EC9.jpeg

3. Easter Egger—Charlotte
B75F0FFA-635A-42D9-A098-971D11089B1F.jpeg

4. Black Australorp—Rowena, front right
B4ACBAA5-6900-4923-8DFE-010D5379F102.jpeg

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Their personalities! I love how goofy they all are and they have unique personality quirks. Like Rowena is an escape artist, Isabella is a princess, Ilsa is a queen, and Charlotte is feisty!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like to read, paint, draw, and go hiking :).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I have been married for just over 2 years, and we have a black lab (Mr. Theo). I teach high school online for an alternative school called GOAL High School—it’s a great school and I’m not just saying that because I work there.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
My husband has actually been a part of the forum scooping up research and other information since Feb 2019. I’ve been doing research here and there and have seen a bunch of postings from BYC to answer my questions and now that I have chickens, I have more personal questions that pop up and would like that specific information if I need it :). So far it has been great!

Back
Top Bottom