LaMancha mix goats?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bleenie, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Does anyone here have any goats that are LaMancha mixed?

I have 2 Nubian, 1 Nubian/Nigerian mix & an alpine, they're all Does and should be ready to breed soon and I was Really hoping to find a nice Nubian buck for them but my sister is dead set on buying a little LaMancha buckling so I'm interested to see what that sort of cross looks like. I would love to see pictures of yours if you have a LaMancha mix.

2. farmchick897

farmchick897 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Kentucky
    I have a 2 Lamancha/Saanen crosses. They are both white with elf ears. I also have a 1/2 Nubian 1/4 Lamancha and 1/4 Saanen kid who came out cinnamon colored with floppy ears.

3. farmchick897

Jun 20, 2010
    Kentucky
    [​IMG]

4. PrairieK

PrairieK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    I was told my Bonnie was pure lamancha but I think she is a cross. [​IMG]

5. farmchick897

Jun 20, 2010
    Kentucky
    Here is a picture of my Lamancha/ Saanen cross
    [​IMG]

6. PrairieK

Apr 23, 2013
    How big is she farmchick? Bonnie is huge! At least 150 lbs. Doesn't look like it in this pic but she's almost just as big as my zebu.

7. farmchick897

Jun 20, 2010
    Kentucky
    She is only 6 weeks old in pic. Her mom is pretty big. I would guess over 100, daddy is a big boy. He stands with his head over my mini donkeys back.

8. PrairieK

Apr 23, 2013
    Her and Bonnie look a lot alike. Which makes me more positive she's not pure.

9. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Thanks for the pics guys. It seems like if they're 1/2 lamancha they almost always have elf or gopher ears?

The little guy my SIS is looking at buying is a very pretty cream color but most me girls are dark. So would probably make for some pretty babies.

10. Skipspin

Skipspin Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2012
    Florida
    Our neighbor has a LaMancha buck and lots of different does. I'd say she gets 2/3+ babies with gopher or elf ears or more with the buck and none of the does are part LaMancha. Some are Boer cross and one was a Nigerian/Alpine/? cross.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by