Lame duck

Hi.
We have had 2 ducks in for 2 nights. This morning both had escaped their crates, used the living room as a toilet (as one would expect), and Xoxo (lame duck) is running around as usual. There was only one egg so we can't say for certain whose it is. They both escaped when hubby went to see to the others. Both back in now xxx
If Xoxo went from fully lame to back to herself overnight, I expect it was her egg- but either way, that is really good news!!

That's unfortunate about the living room though!! Oh dear!!

If Xoxo went from fully lame to back to herself overnight, I expect it was her egg- but either way, that is really good news!!

I'm hoping so. We are keeping her in again to monitor. Also because when she escaped the boys were all focused on her and if it was injury we don't want her to be hurt again.

We accept that the living room is part and parcel but not the best start to a Monday morning 🙈😅 xxx

I'm hoping so. We are keeping her in again to monitor. Also because when she escaped the boys were all focused on her and if it was injury we don't want her to be hurt again.

We accept that the living room is part and parcel but not the best start to a Monday morning 🙈😅 xxx
I imagine not!
There's no harm in keeping her in a little longer, just to ensure she's all better. Is she eating properly again?

It doesnt sound like a worm then. Miss Lydia will hopefully be able to confirm, she's much more knowledgable than I am!
I really appreciate all your time to help us xxx

I'd keep her on the Calcium gluconate for a few more days just to make sure she can lay again without difficulty. And keeping her in to monitor her is very good idea.

As for what you see in the tub it looks like worms but hard to say. Could just be the shedding of intestinal lining. It would be nice if @casportpony would have a look she is an expert on these things.

I've never seen worms in my water fowl poop but my chickens have had round worms before and looked similar to your picture. Just hard to know from a distance.

Back
Top Bottom