Lame leg/foot

She got worse. Wouldnt eat at all. Couldnt walk still left leg & right one tired so she sat alot :( vet put her to sleep. :( sad. Now a rooster walks but acts as if he has forgotten how to eat or drink! Legs shake at times. 70s here warm day. He is also 9 months old silkie mix. the other was leghorn. he is on meloxocam also. No improvement 10 days. pic was a month ago. I hope not mareks. he will not eat from my hand, acts so scared! he will bend down as if going to eat & then turn away.
I'm sorry to hear about Josie:hugs

The rooster that is not well now.
What do you feed, including treats?

The symptoms you describe sound neurological, so you may be dealing with Marek's. Acting scared, can he see very well?

I'd try vitamin therapy, give him 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily and 400IU Vitamin E. A treat of egg daily can help with the uptake of E.
I'd feed him an all flock or chick starter feed if possible.

If you lose him, then consider sending the body to your state lab for testing/diagnostics. This can help you know what's going on and if there's any treatment that may help.
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

The symptoms you describe sound neurological, so you may be dealing with Marek's. Acting scared, can he see very well?

I'd try vitamin therapy, give him 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily and 400IU Vitamin E. A treat of egg daily can help with the uptake of E.

If you lose him, then consider sending the body to your state lab for testing/diagnostics. This can help you know what's going on and if there's any treatment that may help.
I feed my entire flock which is mostly silkie cochin crosses Purina start and grow non medicated crumbles and some layer mash . Purina scratch and now went to nutrena chick food..all ages.
They eat great beans .fresh frozen corn. Water melon..
He seems able to see okay .just very fearful..and after Meloxicam today and St Johns wort capsule open and mixed into distilled water and gave him maybe 4cc orally and kate evening he actually ate some food! Shocked. But who knows about tomorrow. A friend thinks he has brain injury may have been pecked but one of his yard brothers or ran into something and his tongue vet said hanging slightly left I think inside mouth. So idk if Marek's but it is a possibility.also gave him a small syringe of plain yogurt today

I feed my entire flock which is mostly silkie cochin crosses Purina start and grow non medicated crumbles and some layer mash . Purina scratch and now went to nutrena chick food..all ages.
They eat great beans .fresh frozen corn. Water melon..
He seems able to see okay .just very fearful..and after Meloxicam today and St Johns wort capsule open and mixed into distilled water and gave him maybe 4cc orally and kate evening he actually ate some food! Shocked. But who knows about tomorrow. A friend thinks he has brain injury may have been pecked but one of his yard brothers or ran into something and his tongue vet said hanging slightly left I think inside mouth. So idk if Marek's but it is a possibility.also gave him a small syringe of plain yogurt today. And I give poultry cell with electrolytes in his water and flock some too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312-210013.png
    Screenshot_20240312-210013.png
    765.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom