Lame leg/foot

mayomutt2

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2022
My 8 months old white leghorn Josie ...back in July 23 got lame in left leg. Vet said X-ray showed a tendon issue. 2 weeks later after Meloxicam for pain and inflammation and crate rest she was normal. Fast forward Now Feb 2024 right leg she was limping on it and over night it got fine and her in am switched to her left leg !she hops ,can stand but cannot close toes cant grasp and keeps leg out in front cant use it well . Vet said probably Mareks but I don't think so . I think it may be sciatica and never was a ligament before in July 23
She has in past 2 weeks passed weird flat no white only yoke looking smelly 3 odd egg things. Now no eggs. And vet X-rays show no eggs in body. She sits down a lot and sometimes tucks her head in wings. Back in Meloxicam again One week. It's Feb 21st 2024. Anyone out there has this happen? And why did it switch legs overnight!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240224-102757.png
    Screenshot_20240224-102757.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 8
Hard to tell if that's a collapsed membrane with yolk and whites? What is the inside like, is it more solid or liquid?

I'd try an antibiotic to see if that helps with infection and give her Calcium Citrate with D3 for a week to see if that helps her pass/expel the material.

Hard to tell if that's a collapsed membrane with yolk and whites? What is the inside like, is it more solid or liquid?

I'd try an antibiotic to see if that helps with infection and give her Calcium Citrate with D3 for a week to see if that helps her pass/expel the material.
As far as I know all that yoke stuff stopped a week ago. She just has less appetite and can't open and close left foot. X-ray shows nothing bad inside or leg. People keep saying Marek's. Idk she was lame same leg last July. It's crazy..also like she can't regulate her body temp as well. Yes calcium etc . Back on Meloxicam and amoxicillin

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_094902418.jpg
    IMG_20240225_094902418.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 8

Ps inside odd yoke shellLess thing kinda hard or plyable

It may be Salpingitis. Hopefully the medications will help her.

If she's struggling to stay warm, then you can provide her a heating pad to sit on. Cover it with a towel and see that she's not overheating or that she has enough room to move off heat if she gets too hot.

It may be Salpingitis. Hopefully the medications will help her.

If she's struggling to stay warm, then you can provide her a heating pad to sit on. Cover it with a towel and see that she's not overheating or that she has enough room to move off heat if she gets too hot.
She got worse. Wouldnt eat at all. Couldnt walk still left leg & right one tired so she sat alot :( vet put her to sleep. :( sad. Now a rooster walks but acts as if he has forgotten how to eat or drink! Legs shake at times. 70s here warm day. He is also 9 months old silkie mix. the other was leghorn. he is on meloxocam also. No improvement 10 days. pic was a month ago. I hope not mareks. he will not eat from my hand, acts so scared! he will bend down as if going to eat & then turn away.

Attachments

• 366709966_1255005841870600_5633258578174357175_n.jpg
    366709966_1255005841870600_5633258578174357175_n.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 6
My 8 months old white leghorn Josie ...back in July 23 got lame in left leg. Vet said X-ray showed a tendon issue. 2 weeks later after Meloxicam for pain and inflammation and crate rest she was normal. Fast forward Now Feb 2024 right leg she was limping on it and over night it got fine and her in am switched to her left leg !she hops ,can stand but cannot close toes cant grasp and keeps leg out in front cant use it well . Vet said probably Mareks but I don't think so . I think it may be sciatica and never was a ligament before in July 23
She has in past 2 weeks passed weird flat no white only yoke looking smelly 3 odd egg things. Now no eggs. And vet X-rays show no eggs in body. She sits down a lot and sometimes tucks her head in wings. Back in Meloxicam again One week. It's Feb 21st 2024. Anyone out there has this happen? And why did it switch legs overnight!
Josie got worse. Quit eating and I made the sad hard decision to have vet put her to sleep.. I cried so much. 2024. Rip my girl

Back
Top Bottom