Lame question alert--Just how DO you hang a head of cabbage??

LauraG

Songster
9 Years
Apr 13, 2010
Upstate, NY
This is embarrasingly ridiculous, but I cannot figure out how y'all hang this head of boredom-killing cabbage??
idunno.gif

Are there any other types of treats you hang & how do you do it?

This is probablly so simple & I just cant see the forest for the trees.........

I put it in the remains of an old fishing net, not sure what others do. Sometimes I give them a suet cake, but that just goes in a suet feeder that is wrapped around the lowest ladder wrung to the roost.

Cut a hole through middle. Thread some string through it and tie it to something.

OR

Have a long nail or metal spike about chicken high. Stab the cabbage on the nail or spike.

Last edited:
Go to local hardware store, pick up a screw hook,tie small diameater string-rope to hook.Screw end of hook into cabbage and hang up.

I have some super long screw drivers, so I use one the one footer screw drivers to stab a hole through the middle, thread a nylon rope through it, and then tie it off at the bottom and hang it to a cup or eye hook in the top of the run or coop.
smile.png

i made my daughters sacrifice their old and forgotten soccer ball kicker thing...it has a mesh netting at the end where you put the soccer ball and a long rope adjustable length that they hold onto to kick it. i just tied to to a support cross bar in their run. it works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom