Langshan and Barred Rock Eggs-How much to charge?

Thank you Cuban! That's exactly what I was looking for for the Barred Rocks!

Awesome!

Everyone else, I will go ahead and add you to my list and then email when I decide on a price. It won't be higher than $30 total per dozen I assure you. Let's save the REALLY high prices for eggbid shall we? LOL

ETA: Thank you for your compliments all! It's good to hear that once in awhile!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
After finding that what I thought was a Giant Black Cochin, and breeding him to my Giant Cochin, I have removed this Rooster from the Cochins and placed him for sale with other Spare Roosters. My Rooster Collection, lol. I have been told he is actually a Black Langshan, I named TomTom.
StandardRooster-BlackLangshan-TomTo.jpg

If indeed he is a Black Langshan, he is very gentle and a rather large bird. King of the Rooster Coupe. He has never attempted to attack me. Too bad you don't live here, person needing a Roo. I would have just given him to you.
StandardRooster-Langshan-Black-T-2.jpg

At least I would have know he would have a good home with someone who really wants the Rooster.
He was purchased as a young Roo from our local feed store, someone in our area brought him in.

I have no idea what to sell the eggs for. You do not see Black Langshan on ebay for hatching eggs and especially not Show quality. I would suggest that you list the background so purchasers know it is not a hatchery bird. Good luck.

Hm...He doesn't quite have the Langshan carriage that I'm used to seeing. A Langshan is ALL legs.

Also, does his comb have several blades or is it just a single comb? He almost looks to have Brahma in him by the looks of his comb.

How old is he in those pictures? I like the name!
big_smile.png

Do you have Black Langshan eggs for sale now? I was supposed to get 5 BL pullets in my order of chicks arriving next week. The hatchery called me a few days ago and cancelled them as they are having problems hatching them now until April.
I don't want to order 25 of them then, so may have to try hatching out some for myself.
Hoping you have eggs now...
Lisa

I don't just yet, the pullets aren't laying, but I do have one hen that is. I will be separating them within the month so I can get the eggs. Should get "roughly" 3 per day. 2 blacks and 1 blue.

OK, as soon as you have them separated and laying pure eggs, can you please PM me with details about price, amounts, and shipping? I do want to hatch some then, unless I find chicks before then, which I highly doubt.
Thanks
Lisa

I'd be interested in some Langshan eggs out of Clyde and his girls. Please contact me when ready. IMO, it's better to sell the eggs quickly at a cheaper price than scramble them for breakfast. thanks, Lisa

IDK...they taste pretty good no matter if I sell for a high price or eat 'em...

If I don't sell them, I'll just hatch them for myself? I just thought I'd put it out there for others who wanted the Beauford bloodline.

I am interested in the Langshan breed as well! Put me on your list for eggs!
I don't want hatchery birds, if I can help it but would love to get some quality stock.

I am starting to cut back on some breeds that are less interest to me and the Langshans seem to have come around at an opportune time in our poultry program.

Back
Top Bottom