Langshan contest!

americana-chick

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 18, 2008
Hi and welcome to the langshan contest!
i know i have never heard of a langshan until just now so i would like to see all your guys little langshans and of corse the winner will get a prize! have fun!

rules:
1.please, only langshans.
2.any age of langshan can enter
3. any color, marking, etc of langshan can enter.
4.please be nice and polite to others.
5.have fun!

the prize will be a chickie-doodle "chicken sketch" made by me.

i will deside in a few days when the contest will end once i see how it is going to go.

I hatched two Langshans in the incubator, one rooster and one hen! Here is a pic of the Rooster at 18 weeks. He was running so his tail is not up like it should be when he stands at attention!
Langshanorwhat.jpg

and here is the girl:
Langshan.jpg

Tina/tfpets

Last edited:
beautiful langshans! are they a hard breed to find/buy? i think i might get some langshan hens.

Mine came from an auction, so I had no knowledge of the breed before that and it took me a while to identify what they were. But I really like them now... my banties have been great mothers -- very fierce in protecting their chicks, good at scavenging, high flyers. They eat less than my BOs and my RIRs but their eggs are smaller too. I have a bunch of langshan/bo cross chicks and they are blond with feathery feet!

Oh I am so thrilled!!! Here is Dusty, she is 6 months old, we got her from a hatchery and it took me forever to identify her. I hope I am correct!!
Everyone always comments on how big and pretty she is!
And now she is laying about 5 eggs a week, perfect light brown eggs!!!

100_0014-15.jpg

Dust.jpg

Dusty.jpg

...I forgot to mention he was the friendliest roo I ever had. He treated me like one of his hens- he would find little treats for me and try to call me over to him.
cool.png
He never, ever tried to go after or spur anyone.

Quote:
i am so sorry about your roo. he sounds lie a great one! "now if only my roos acted like that...." do you think there is even a chance on finding him? i hate stupid predators! they are always trying to take away my babies! he is such a beautiful rooster, burntumber.

Back
Top Bottom