1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Langshan contest!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by americana-chick, Oct 2, 2008.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Hi and welcome to the langshan contest!
    i know i have never heard of a langshan until just now so i would like to see all your guys little langshans and of corse the winner will get a prize! have fun!

rules:
    1.please, only langshans.
    2.any age of langshan can enter
    3. any color, marking, etc of langshan can enter.
    4.please be nice and polite to others.
    5.have fun!

the prize will be a chickie-doodle "chicken sketch" made by me.

i will deside in a few days when the contest will end once i see how it is going to go.

2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I hatched two Langshans in the incubator, one rooster and one hen! Here is a pic of the Rooster at 18 weeks. He was running so his tail is not up like it should be when he stands at attention!
    [​IMG]
    and here is the girl:
    [​IMG]

Tina/tfpets

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  3. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I bought mine at an auction and I love them. I think they are bantams.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    beautiful langshans! are they a hard breed to find/buy? i think i might get some langshan hens.

5. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Mine came from an auction, so I had no knowledge of the breed before that and it took me a while to identify what they were. But I really like them now... my banties have been great mothers -- very fierce in protecting their chicks, good at scavenging, high flyers. They eat less than my BOs and my RIRs but their eggs are smaller too. I have a bunch of langshan/bo cross chicks and they are blond with feathery feet!

6. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    chickenannie do you have a rooster, or are all of yours hens? They are beautiful. [​IMG]

7. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    Oh I am so thrilled!!! Here is Dusty, she is 6 months old, we got her from a hatchery and it took me forever to identify her. I hope I am correct!!
    Everyone always comments on how big and pretty she is!
    And now she is laying about 5 eggs a week, perfect light brown eggs!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Here's my boy...
    He was taken away by a predator last week. [​IMG] He was such a superstar here on the farm. Our personal Fabio.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    By burnt_umber

9. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    ...I forgot to mention he was the friendliest roo I ever had. He treated me like one of his hens- he would find little treats for me and try to call me over to him. [​IMG] He never, ever tried to go after or spur anyone.

10. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    Quote:i am so sorry about your roo. he sounds lie a great one! "now if only my roos acted like that...." do you think there is even a chance on finding him? i hate stupid predators! they are always trying to take away my babies! he is such a beautiful rooster, burntumber.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by