1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Langshan egg color?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by siz8003, Sep 23, 2008.

1. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    Does anyone have a pic of a Langshan egg?I think I have one but not sure.I thought she was a Marans because she has specks of copper in her neck feathers but I am getting a cream color egg out of that pen and I think its her.
    [​IMG]

2. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    Not one person on this site has input on this? [​IMG]

3. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
  4. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG] I don't know who this darn egg is coming out of!! Maybe it happened because I wormed them a few days ago?

5. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Langshans have several distinct features, such as the high tail/back that your bird sports (which would be a serious fault and disqualification in a Marans as its more than 45 degrees?)....Langshans have a beautiful green sheen to their feathers, and also lay a dark brown egg....hmmm not a Marans, but not the source of your cream colored egg?
    There is a previous post from Chickenlisa with a Black Langshan egg in her incubator, I hatched some out too! Go to page one to see the egg.
    http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkjaA8...s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=82969&action=new

Here is a Lanshan pic from mypetchicken.com

[​IMG]
    Tina/tfpets

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by