Langshan Thread!!!

Love the pics! My yard is a muddy mess but I am looking forward to posting pics of my birds once the rain lets up. I should have gone out there yesterday to take pics but I was babysitting my 2 youngest grandkids and then the dog attack happened.
Ugh! I am having mud problems too. I am fortunate to have the day off so I let them out to free range today in the grass. Of course, my chickens are nosey and like to come up on the deck and see what is going on in the house too!

I have a sportsman so i have room just waiting on my wht and blk bantams and our daughters ag teacher want 40 to 50 after the first of the yr to hatch so dont want to get to stupid and i have 15 from an oct hatch i need to cull but want to wait till they get a little older it takes the langshans a while to mature

I have a sportsman so i have room just waiting on my wht and blk bantams and our daughters ag teacher want 40 to 50 after the first of the yr to hatch so dont want to get to stupid and i have 15 from an oct hatch i need to cull but want to wait till they get a little older it takes the langshans a while to mature
Yes, they sure do take longer to mature. This is my first year with them and they took forever to get to POL, just kept growing and growing, LOL! They are steady laying now though. Do you show at all? This will be my first year trying it. Thank goodness RoPo can mentor me.
smile.png

I hope to show in the future but I'm concentrating this year on getting my breeding flock going. There are very few Langshans in the shows out here on the west coast. People just don't know what they are missing! Our first Langshan was a hatchery bird that we bought on impulse at the feed store. She had such a fun, wacky personality and was my favorite. It makes me happy to look out at all the Langshans I have now.
love.gif

Yes we started showing in the opens this fall and our daughter showes in 4h we just started breeding this yr got tired of trying to buy quality birds and running every where to look at them found some very good parent stock and here we go

I hope to show in the future but I'm concentrating this year on getting my breeding flock going. There are very few Langshans in the shows out here on the west coast. People just don't know what they are missing! Our first Langshan was a hatchery bird that we bought on impulse at the feed store. She had such a fun, wacky personality and was my favorite. It makes me happy to look out at all the Langshans I have now.
love.gif
There was barely any at the show I went to around here either (RoPo wasn't at it).
Yes we started showing in the opens this fall and our daughter showes in 4h we just started breeding this yr got tired of trying to buy quality birds and running every where to look at them found some very good parent stock and here we go
Well, good luck then.
thumbsup.gif
I am crossing my fingers that the coming year is good for both of us at shows!

There were no Langshans shown at the Shawnee show for the first time in forever!!! No Forrest Beauford, no Terry Britt and no Mikaela Rodriguez = NO LANGSHANS! Sad day for Langshans in Oklahoma where the Sooner Classic show used to be called the Land of the Langshan and winning champion Asiatic was almost impossible at the Classic or Shawnee because of those tough to beat Langshans.

Bo

Back
Top Bottom