Langshan Thread!!!

So I have more than you! I currently have at least 8 boys at the farm, 3 boys here in town, and 10 pullets. I'm Langshan rich!
big_smile.png
I will try to take some new pics this afternoon while we are working in the yard. The 2 black girls that I have from you are big and beautiful!

So I have more than you! I currently have at least 8 boys at the farm, 3 boys here in town, and 10 pullets. I'm Langshan rich!
big_smile.png
I will try to take some new pics this afternoon while we are working in the yard. The 2 black girls that I have from you are big and beautiful!
Can't wait to see these photos of yours!! :D

Oh! I thought you meant of the babies from this year! haha!

Still have several quads and trios from past generations... ;)
lol.png
Give me another year or two and I may catch up with you! I am meeting with me friend with the farm in a couple of weeks to talk chicken. I am so hoping that she still wants to set up our breeding pens at her farm. She was going to do a taste testing with the Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock and Langshan boys that we processed in Nov. She hasn't reported back to me on how her family thought that they compared with the Cornish X. She didn't like the dark pin feathers on the black Langshan boys so we will probably not be breeding blacks. Picking them out just added more time & work to the processing. I have had an eclectic assortment of LF chickens in the past 3 years. I love the Marans, olive eggers, EE's, Ameraucanas, etc. for egg color but my favorite birds are the Langshans. They are so mild mannered, curious, and stately. It will be hard to take all of them to the farm. I may have to keep a few of the ones who don't make the breeding cut.

Can't wait to see these photos of yours!! :D
I can't wait to get your comments on them. One of the black pullets is as big as my buff Brahma! I'll try to get pics of the black cockerel that I still have, too. He is the one from your eggs which has the bowling ball body with a narrow tail. He has filled out but is not as big as Gandalf, the White!

Last edited:
I haven't yet hope to out of his hatch this yr. My blues are doing great both l/f and bantams my blk l/f are better then my blues my blk bantams I got our first hatched chick from them today and our wht l/f haven't started laying yet but I'm getting anxious for them to start so I can start hatching

Back
Top Bottom