Langshan Thread!!!

Not yet, there are a lot of pages in your profile, too.
smile.png
We were helping Grandma move all her birds today. We hand caught more than 200 because my hubby got her a "new" coop, and she was shifting all her pens. It makes for a long day, but she sure was happy!

Here is my langshan who I was told was an australop when I bought her.

Welcome!! It looks a lot like an australorp to me. I see it has feathers on the legs though. Maybe a cross of some kind? It really doesn't look very "typey" to me if its a Langshan. Legs look a bit light colored and that comb is huge. Tail is a bit short as are the legs. Eyes look yellow instead of brown. Cute girl though. Just my opinion, maybe someone else will chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking hatchery Langshan, or maybe Langshan/Black Sex-link cross? Australorps and Langshans both are supposed to have dark eyes if I recall the Australorp standard correctly, so it'd either have to be hatchery (who don't care about things like eye color), or a cross with a breed with the reddish orange eye. Think a cochin cross would have a lot more fluffiness though? Maybe?

Not if it were a hatchery Cochin. Since hatchery Langshans tend to have less feathering than their show counterparts, I would think the feathering on a mix of a Langshan x Australorp or Black Sex-link would have far fewer feathers than it's showing.

Back
Top Bottom