Langshan Thread!!!

I never recommend cross breeding anything. If they're hatchery stock they will all lay about the same.

One comment I will make about size is that even though Langshans weigh less I have found they take more space because they're bigger in other ways. It's one thing that disappointed me when I had Giants, even my 15# oversize males looked smaller than the Langshans unless I had my scale handy.

I have some that make a big episode about pooping as well, but certainly haven't noticed any correlation to sex. Best way to tell sex is later on if they start developing the comb and waddles faster than the others. I also don't see why you would want to crossbreed them. As Matt said they will probably all be decent layers since they are from a hatchery. Hatchery chicks aren't always that pure...I can't think of what would be gained by crossing them.

I agree with Matt. I dont see why we should cross two pure breeds. If you cross them they will end up looking like Australian Langshans.

On a different note, we are working hard to spread the breed. We sent 18 eggs to Belgium, this is all we had (white LF).

Hatch day! Been sleeping in trying to recover faster and when I looked in incubator I see one already out and another almost out! 4 of the eggs are shipped eggs from Mikaela (including the already hatched splash) then there's one White Langshan (the one that's half out in picture) from the adults here.

Hatch day! Been sleeping in trying to recover faster and when I looked in incubator I see one already out and another almost out! 4 of the eggs are shipped eggs from Mikaela (including the already hatched splash) then there's one White Langshan (the one that's half out in picture) from the adults here.

Congrats Matt! Don't forget to oat some pictures when they are all fluffed up!

Congrats!!! Langshan chicks are some of the cutest chicks there are!

I swear...I don't know how you guys get all the luck. I can't get a freakin' splash to hatch for anything... *grumbles..* LOL! Glad they are hatching for you Matt!

Sadly that's apparently where the luck runs out. No pips from the other three. :-( my last couple batches of shipped eggs have been nightmares after plenty of early success. Local eggs still jumping out of shells but shipped...not so much. Hopefully next weeks batch is more successful.

Back
Top Bottom