Langshan Thread!!!

Pics
The Blacks are my Langshans & the Buffs are my Brahmas both are standard Sized for their breeds,they are all 6 Weeks old how-ever they where only 4 Weeks/1 Month old in this pic.
You can see more Up dated & Individual photos in the form of ''Just got my 1st flock ever "scream!" of joy :D "

That fourth pullet is gonna be a darned fine bird! You GOTTA show that gal! :D Don't you just LOVE how photogenic the bantams are...LOL! Always on the move! That cockerel is gonna be an awesome breeder for you. Now...you're getting chicks?! LOL! Where on earth from?! Are you super stoked!
Thanks! Here is a few more pics. Anyone else take any lately?

Last edited:
They are adorable!!!!! You couldn't have picked better breeds for your starting flock!!! congrats and we expect regular updates!
The Blacks are my Langshans & the Buffs are my Brahmas both are standard Sized for their breeds,they are all 6 Weeks old how-ever they where only 4 Weeks/1 Month old in this pic.
You can see more Up dated & Individual photos in the form of ''Just got my 1st flock ever "scream!" of joy :D "

That fourth pullet is gonna be a darned fine bird! You GOTTA show that gal! :D Don't you just LOVE how photogenic the bantams are...LOL! Always on the move! That cockerel is gonna be an awesome breeder for you. Now...you're getting chicks?! LOL! Where on earth from?! Are you super stoked!
The one in the 4th pic is a liitle smaller than the other 2 sisters. Guess I will have you eval at some point huh
wink.png

The chicks are eggs from my bantam colombian wyandotte pair. 1st homegrown babies
big_smile.png

I really like the look of these birds. They remind me of a cross between Breda and Marans. What do the LF typically weigh/dress out? I am thinking about getting eggs. Still haven't heard from the woman with them and a bit nervous she isn't going to follow through now. I found a great old book that has an illustration of Langshans for type that look a lot like the 3rd and 4th pullets posted above. I am going to use the pictures to go by for standards.... IF I can get them already!

OK, I gotta know... this this a boy? "He" is about 1/3 larger than the other chick I got. They were both supposed to be pullets, but this one is definitely rooster-like. I am new to chickens and this is my first Langshan. I absolutely love them! They are sweet and curious and loads of fun to watch. Have them with 2 Andalusians, a couple mixed Easter Eggers, a real Wheaton Americauna, a Sicilian Buttercup (this birds pal) a beautiful Lavender Orpington pullet and a Partridge Cochin. Love them all but especially the Langshan. They already stand up to my full grown hens!

Pretty sure this is a roo. What do you think?

This is the other chick. Smaller and not nearly as tall

Back
Top Bottom