Laptop crashed

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
It's always something. I have never had a computer crash on me, never really knew what it was, well I know now! I've lost all the pictures that I had on there. Okay, 90% were chicken pictures, but still important to me.

I've just learned a good lesson. Backing up the stuff you have on your laptop is a good thing.

hemet dennis What's the hard drive ?

Primary storage device. In laptops usually 2.5" form factor.

Don't know how old the particular laptop is. Assuming a windows based machine. One would pull the drive and connect it to a live machine with one of these (or the like) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002 and, if the drive is question isn't kaput, just copy all files to the live machine, reformat the old drive and sell it on ebay.

Yeah, but I'd take the money made (not much for sure) and buy either WD .5TB passports, or SATA microdrives. Passports are cheap and nice to keep in the safety deposit box (along with DVD's and tapes .- backup is pretty quick and easy these days).

Last edited:
Yeah, but I'd take the money made (not much for sure) and buy either WD .5TB passports, or SATA microdrives. Passports are cheap and nice to keep in the safety deposit box (along with DVD's and tapes .- backup is pretty quick and easy these days).

Do you guys talk English sometimes ? LOL

I'm to old to start learning all that stuff.

Some one I did some remodel work for gave me a pro book that was less then a year old she said. So I was going to give it to my daughter but I just wanted to see if I could get online first and it took me 3 days to figure how to turn it on. And I couldn't get it to do anything but it only took my daughter a few min. to have it online.

It's always something. I have never had a computer crash on me, never really knew what it was, well I know now! I've lost all the pictures that I had on there. Okay, 90% were chicken pictures, but still important to me.

I've just learned a good lesson. Backing up the stuff you have on your laptop is a good thing.
Flash drives are your friend!

I have a external hard drive that came with software which automatically backs up all my important data anytime I plug it into my computer. I think most external hard drives come with this sort of software these days. My drive is 1 TB and it was about $100. Well worth it in my opinion!

Back
Top Bottom