Large Ball between Toes

SammyJoyMonte

Chirping
Sep 1, 2021
NJ
My Coop
My Coop
PXL_20230829_200723622.jpg

Kiki is a two year old golden comment chicken and, for s few months now, has had this large ball of something on her foot. It first started when there was an cut underneath her foot and although I was away at college so it went untreated by my family, when I returned I was told she's feeling much better and her limp is almost entirely gone. Fast forward a few months, she's now gone from the toughest hen in the coup, threatening our dog and asserting her dominance to trying not to walk unless necessary, struggling to jump up onto the coop run, and laying down a lot, although she's still eating and drinking better than all of the other chickens and walks and runs as normally as she can with her limp when I let them out of the coop. I'm not sure what to do to help her, but I hate seeing her suffering like this. She's making due but I want to help.

Attachments

• PXL_20230903_201159326.jpg
    PXL_20230903_201159326.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 17
Sometimes the inflammatory tissue created in response to the bumble infection can migrate. But I agree, if you give her a foot bath and clean her feet with a toothbrush and then take some more pictures, it will be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom