Damaged leg

Evolvingspirit

Chirping
Oct 19, 2021
My female Norwegian jarhorn is limping to the left. She can walk but not well. She kind of falls down.
I noticed when she was sitting, her left foot was flat to the ground if I remember correctly.
I separated her in a small coup for during the day so she doesnt walk and hopefully she will heal.

What else can I do. Vitamins? Calcium for bone regrowth? She's eating the food I put in front of her. Should I let her walk a couple of minutes a day or keep her basically not moving.

Thank 😊 you all so much.
Stewart

Hi,

Can you check her leg over to see if there's an injury or something physically wrong? Sometimes it's easier to see things and might help her feel better if you soaked her in a warm Epsom salt bath for several minutes. If she injured it, it's probably best to try keep her off of it for a few days. Here's a thread on various chicken slings/chairs or if you search chicken slings you'll find a bunch.

B-Complex vitamin would perhaps help. I'd only give 1/4 to 1/2 of one daily for a couple of weeks.

If she isn't improving in a few days, update this so we can try give other ideas.

Thank you. She's just sitting in hay for days,ot moving which is good I suppose. I'll give her some vitamins. I gave her electrolytes, but she hardly seems to drink or eat. Hers bowls are right next to her. Does she need a sling if she is not moving? I'll give her a epson salt bath when I get a warm day. Don't want to shock her..
Thank you so much
Stewart

Back
Top Bottom