Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Here is more pictures of her my computer gave me trouble putting them up but i got it to work again
smile.png

Hey guys, I don't know if this has already been discussed but I am thinking about getting some cochins through the Cochins international youth program.

The problem is... I am in central Texas. For you don't know it is HOT here. No, not 80 degrees but 90s and 100s. Could LF cochins even stand/thrive down here? What do yall think? Is it possible? Should I choose bantams instead? Or am I just plain stupid and shouldnt even do it?

You choose 3 varieties of either bantam or LF. What colors would best suit this temp?
What would I do to help them in summer?

I already have some hatchery LF whites and they r doing fine. But they arent as fluffy as SQ.

Thanks, Preston

Last edited:
I'm so excited. I got a barred roo, a barred hen and two buff hens from Tom Roebuck a couple of months ago or a little less. They are older (semi-retirees) so getting some eggs has been slow. At first the eggs weren't fertile. I trimmed them up a bit and fixed that problem. Then some more eggs were early quitters. Finally, yesterday .... I got this gorgeous little chick. All I know is that his Dad is barred and Mom either buff or barred. Can't wait to watch him/her grow.

Back
Top Bottom