Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
Not much has been going on right now. Birds are laying too Many eggs already. Might be bringing some cockerels the school hatched home to be processed and probably giving them more eggs in a few weeks to try again.

Araucanas are slowly laying. 1 of the 3 gals that is staying and 1 of the two that still need to be culled. Greenish eggs, not the blue I was hoping for.

Peaches the marans is still holding out on me.

20230202_161641.jpg
This type doesn't seem to be too damaging from what I've seen. It appears to kill the outer layer of scales and maybe the tip where the nail is, and the softer, newer skin is left unscathed from what I’ve seen. Bird pictured is an araucana cull male. I've had 2 pheonixes too with this.

Welp, did something I never thought I would do. I'm keeping a bird with one leg for now. She's an araucana pullet who's foot and leg died off. It came off (quite a few are now, gave me a shock when I found the first foot, so ill have to pick up my pace with culling) and I had to hunt for which one it was. Except that I had seen the foot, I would have never known she lost it. She still is getting around fine and is in far better shape than the other female araucana so as long as she seems like she isn't giving up, she'll be sticking around for now.

Back
Top Bottom