Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics

JacinLarkwell

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
Thread for 2023 of my birds. I totally forgot to post this yesterday, sorry it's late.

This year's plans/goals/hopes:
  • Finish the last barn
  • Bring in 2-3 new and exciting (for me at least) breeds
  • Bring in a new species
  • Finish setting up pens
  • Continue to post shorts of my birds
  • (Possibly) start teaching myself how to vent sex
  • Finish sorting Bachelors into their pen
  • Pheonix project
  • GHF Project
  • Get proper feeders and waterers
  • Cape out my extra males
  • Cape out my extra females
  • Do fertility checks on what pens I hope to sell from
  • Seperate pheonix flock into 3 smaller colored flocks (Recessive White, Khaki and Dun, and 'gold duckwing'. All will possibly produce Recessive white chicks though for now)
  • Finish drawing up blue prints for the dream house and looking at lots of land that are for sale in another state (this one will not be finished until at least June due to a vacation not set until then)
I'll add as I go alone the year and cross things out as they're done so that it's easy for newcomers/stragglers to see what I have or haven't gotten my lazy butt to do yet.

Last edited:
First off, who would people like to see? Birds are scattered everywhere now thanks to the snow and cold with their foot issues, but everyone is still accessible.
myst

I've got:
  • Araucanas
  • Bantam EEs
  • My Red coop (mixes and various breeds)
  • Big Boy and Lady
  • Cornish Bantams
  • Pheonixes
  • Love (buff laced sebright)
  • Java (mottled Java)
  • My Sexlinks
  • Bachelor Pen
  • Ayam Ketwa (if I can get into their pen)
  • Marans
  • Coturnix Quail
  • Silkies
  • Mixed bantam pen
  • Chuckles and Giggles
And of course, if anyone remembers one I didn't when I posted this, go ahead and ask for them as well.
Pics of everyone!

In separate posts. 😉

First off, who would people like to see? Birds are scattered everywhere now thanks to the snow and cold with their foot issues, but everyone is still accessible.
myst

I've got:
  • Araucanas
  • Bantam EEs
  • My Red coop (mixes and various breeds)
  • Big Boy and Lady
  • Cornish Bantams
  • Pheonixes
  • Love (buff laced sebright)
  • Java (mottled Java)
  • My Sexlinks
  • Bachelor Pen
  • Ayam Ketwa (if I can get into their pen)
  • Marans
  • Coturnix Quail
  • Silkies
  • Mixed bantam pen
  • Chuckles and Giggles
And of course, if anyone remembers one I didn't when I posted this, go ahead and ask for them as well.

Last edited:
Cochins
French Paul
20230102_112717.jpg

Cochin Mama who is now going to her 10th spring and as of last year, still making healthy babies
20230102_112351.jpg

And then Mordred, my failed sexlink
20230102_110824.jpg
20230102_110819.jpg

First up is Mr. Zoom Zoom. He's a white Cornish I have. He's by himself since he's healing after a cockerel in the Cornish pen whooped his butt real badly. Poor bird just can't catch a break. He won't stand up for himself against anyone. So much for being a Cornish bantam
20230102_103501.jpg
20230102_103458.jpg
20230102_103455.jpg
He's got a white girlfriend and a white laced red (Butterball) that will be his trio once I get them moved into the Cornish pen in a trio cage.

And yes, he got food after the photos, I was trying to take pictures while battling the goat today

Bachelor and some extra males.
20230102_104724.jpg
20230102_104710.jpg
Coturnix. Yes, their set up is not ideal, but they're warm and seem to be quite comfortable actually in the smaller setup than their normal one. The full brown one in the back is the male, the distant alone is 'The German', the tan and white her daughter and the brown and white the one that was raised by the pheonix hen
20230102_111007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom