Las Vegas

muckmuck

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 9, 2011
Las Vegas
Hello All! I live in Las Vegas and have for my whole life.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? My wife had chickens in our BY in downtown Vegas for about 8 or 9 years. We inherited a half acre lot thats zoned for livestock a couple of years ago and our middle son rents the house, I'm a sucker for feed store peepers so I would bring them home raise them up then sneak up to the other property and "introduce" them to the flock. My son kept asking my wife where all the chickens were coming from!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? About 20

(3) What breeds do you have? Light Brahma Roo, two easter egger hens, two pretty little miniature roos, a red roo, two silkie hens, a red hen, two checkered hens, a easter egg X Brahma, a checkered X Red and probably a couple more hidin in the bushes somewhere. Oh and 5 ducks and 4 rabbits.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Surfin the web

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Bird Dogs, tryin to create a micro farm(LOL), hunting,

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I'm an electrician and my wife owns an exotic bird shop. She has been hand feeding baby parrots for years and specializes in African Greys. We have three grown sons 21, 24, and 26.

Welcome to BYC! You will love all the info available here. Sounds like you have your hands full of critters!
big_smile.png

Welcome! We also do bird dogs (Labradors) and we love to hunt. Its great to find so many people who love chickens along with all the other great hobbies out there!

Don't worry... we wont tell your son where all the chickens came from. lol
wink.png

I have two English Pointers, my oldest Cammie I trained myself and is a wonder to watch in action! my youngest Elsie is 3 and not quite there yet, but my wife has spoiled both rotten! My goal right now with our "little farm" is to put in an orchard this winter using Back Yard Orchard Culture methods. The orchard will be right next to the chicken yard with a gate between so I can let the chickens in occasionally to help keep the bugs down and clean up the dropped fruit beneath the trees at the end of the season.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Max

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Sounds like you have some nice animals
thumbsup.gif
We're bird dog lovers, too, but we have Weimaraners & a St. Poodle, instead
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom