Lash egg?

I'm glad your hen is doing better. Did she ever pass anything?
If it was/is lash material, then sometimes antibiotics will help for a while, but it will often recur. If it's salpingitis, it's notorious for not responding to treatment.
I would keep a close eye on her. See if she lays again normally or not. Sometimes they will pass some lash material which lets you know what's going on, sometimes it doesn't pass it just builds up inside or is a size or shape that can't be passed. If her abdomen is swollen, or becomes swollen, then that indicates it's progressing and getting worse.

I'm glad your hen is doing better. Did she ever pass anything?
If it was/is lash material, then sometimes antibiotics will help for a while, but it will often recur. If it's salpingitis, it's notorious for not responding to treatment.
I would keep a close eye on her. See if she lays again normally or not. Sometimes they will pass some lash material which lets you know what's going on, sometimes it doesn't pass it just builds up inside or is a size or shape that can't be passed. If her abdomen is swollen, or becomes swollen, then that indicates it's progressing and getting worse.
Her abdomen is almost fully soft again, there was a soft shelled egg in the cooo yesterday. It might’ve been hers. Thank you everyone for caring! 🙂

Laying an egg is a very good sign. She may have had difficulty passing that, and that can make them feel pretty unwell. If she passes another soft one then I would give her a calcium citrate +D supplement for a few days, see if that helps with the shell. Sometimes they can get low on calcium and this will turn it around. The supplement will also help with contractions and help her pass it. Do they have access to oyster shell all the time for calcium? Every bird is different, and some need more than others. Also needs can vary through out the year, so best to have it available all the time for those that need it.

Laying an egg is a very good sign. She may have had difficulty passing that, and that can make them feel pretty unwell. If she passes another soft one then I would give her a calcium citrate +D supplement for a few days, see if that helps with the shell. Sometimes they can get low on calcium and this will turn it around. The supplement will also help with contractions and help her pass it. Do they have access to oyster shell all the time for calcium? Every bird is different, and some need more than others. Also needs can vary through out the year, so best to have it available all the time for those that need it.
Yes they have oyster wheels, or I put their egg shells in when I have them. I constantly see them eat it, it makes a funny sound!

Attachments

• 8FE14E95-A2F3-4B95-A258-4F64204FAA56.jpeg
    8FE14E95-A2F3-4B95-A258-4F64204FAA56.jpeg
    508.2 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom